Nov 15, 2018

Beauty Thursday: The Saem 99% Jeju Fresh Aloe Soothing Gel

It is dry season here and the weather is insanely hot for a couple of months. The sunlight is intense outside even high SPF sunscreen can't save me. As a result, I get sunburned badly for just walking on the street or during a long ride. My skin turns really red and sore, then cracks and slowly peels. It's not fun at all. Unable to bear severe itchy skin, so about four months ago, I decided to try aloe gel once more. I once had a bad experience with aloe gel from another brand, but that was year ago and didn't know if there was any better products out there. After checking out many aloe gels available in the market, my choice went to The Saem 99% Jeju Fresh Aloe Soothing Gel.


This is pretty much an all-purpose gel that can be used for face, hair, and body in many ways. As soon as it goes on the skin, it has an immediate cooling effect and absorbs quickly into it without leaving any sticky feeling thereafter. The smell is heavenly, refreshing and not overpowering. This stuff is such a lifesaver! It definitely does what it needs to do. It eases the pain of my sunburn like nothing else has. Not only does it soothe my skin, but it relieves the itching as well. This aloe gel, unlike the previous one I used, doesn't dry out and sting my skin. Sometimes I apply a thin layer as a light moisturizer before sunscreen and makeup, or a thick layer as a sleeping mask overnight. Aside from after-sun care, it can treat various types of burn too. I have used this when I get a chemical burn from using skin care products that contain acids, and it works wonders. I also like to put this on after waxing or shaving to reduce irritation from razor burn. It is packed full of natural extract ingredients and doesn't contain any harmful chemical for skin.


While it's perfect for skin relaxing, it doesn't help that much with acne. As soothing gel, this product is not meant to be used as a stand-alone moisturizer. However, for everyday use, this stuff is very nice. I don't experience any breakouts or dryness from using this. I'm on my second jar now and I will continue to repurchase in the future. It is also available in the same size tube, which makes it more hygienic and travel friendly. Overall, this is a product that I think everyone should have and recommend this to all-skin type.

Notes: Make sure that you are purchasing authentic Korean beauty products from official stores or authorized distributors. Please be aware that buying beauty products online from unauthorized sellers should be done with caution. If it is extremely cheap (and not on sale), this could be a sign that the product is fake.

Share:

2 comments:

  1. Heyy love your review, i once used aloe vera gel from other brand and its drying my skin as a result my pores got so big and because i have oily skin everytime i used that product its making my skin more oily bcs it had alkohol butttt the i used the saem aloe gel and its stil give me that dry feeling after i used it as a moisturizer :(( i dunno if this normal or.. but my skin do feels more smooth but the dryness.. i'm scared my pores will get even bigger if i didn't find a good moisturizer.. can you help mee plzz im 16 :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by 🙂 I don't use aloe gel as stand alone moisturizer. I rely on Hada Labo for most of my moisturizing skin care; it feels light on skin, pretty cheap, and easy to find here. I use their Gokujyun Alpha series for anti aging (red packaging), but since you're 16, you can try their original Gokujyun line in the white packaging. Olay and Garnier are another good choice for drugstore line. If you're into Korean products, I suggest you to try Laneige, their Water Bank series is quite great.

      Delete

Hi, I'm more than pleased to read a comment from you. Feel free to comment! :)

Total Pageviews