Dec 2, 2015

K-pop Corner: WINNER - 공허해 (EMPTY)

Annyeong!

Hi, long time no post.

I actually didn't follow WINNER since the 'WIN: Who is Next' days, but watching the first episode of WINNER TV made me fall in love with them. Basically, it shows you their journey before they make their debut. Well, it is such a great way to get a fan-base even before debuting especially for non-fans like me who don't normally have interest in rookie group. This show is entertaining and hilarious though, it makes me laugh during whole episodes. Each member has their own charms that makes you love all of them. 5 boys with 5 different stories and all of them touched my heart.  I didn't expect the members to show their crazy sides, but whoa they are so dorky and adorable (*’∀’人)♥ To be honest.... I didn't want to pay much attention beyond them. However, this group is like a fresh of breath air.


YG said their debut was originally scheduled for the beginning of 2014, yet first half of the year was over. And after a looooooooong time of waiting (no, really it was way too long), last year on August 12th at 12 A.M....... FINALLY.. WINNER debuted with their debut album 2014 S/S and double title tracks 'Empty' and 'Color Ring'. They even won first place on their music program debut stage, the fastest group to win a music show in K-pop history. Crazy, what a monster rookie!
 
Oh my weak heart just dropped on the floor and my poor soul is missing.....



The first minute when Mino comes on screen... I was like OMAGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHD Mino.. Uri Mino.. *ugly sobbing*


Okay, I need a moment.
.
.
.
.
It has been more than a year since WINNER released this song. To be honest, it is totally my kind of song. I am kinda picky when it comes to slower tempo songs, but I love it on first listen and I couldn't stop. I could listen to this all day! Empty is soooo beautiful to the ears, a nice slow hip hop song to listen to on a gloomy rainy day. Their voices sound so heavenly. That deep breath at the beginning tho! Mino's intro in this song is awesome - right in the damn feels when he starts rapping. Seunghoon's rap is amazing as well, definitely not losing to Mino. Seungyoon's husky and powerful voice, you will not find a voice like his anywhere. Group's maknae, Taehyun, he has an angelic soft voice that really suits this song. Jinwoo's soothing voice is pure caramel and balancing out Taehyun & Seungyoon's vocals. Please guys he's more than just another pretty face. His and Taehyun's falsettos are hypnotizing. The three vocalists harmonize perfectly with rapper lines. All of their voices really mesh well together. What makes me happy is they could distribute the lines so well that they don't overshadow each other and each member gets their own spotlight.

The MV is pretty and too much eye candy in it. Visually stunning, simply because they look so freaking good. The styling is on point, so simple and not so YG. Thank God there's no heavy eyeliner, just natural flawless look. Believe it or not, perfect dark hair makes everyone a winner.

Ouch! Mino let me be your alarm bell.....☂
Everyone's favorite part. Awww who can resist Jinwoo's puppy eyes... he's extremely beautiful
Arghhhh way too fast! Slow down please I'm here to appreciate Seunghoon's perfect existence
Adorable leader Seungyoon! (in a manly sort of way, ya know..)
Can I lay by your side, next to you, Nam Taehyun... ♫ *singing Lay Me Down*

This one is the dance version, choreographed by Seunghoon. Go show them, Young Lion!



Simple, elegant and so beautiful. A lot better than the original MV. I can't stop replaying it. But MAMA stage will always be my favorite.. Perfect from every angle (´;д;`)



I was surprised that this song was composed by iKON's B.I with lyrics written by him, Bobby, and Mino. All the members also wrote all the rest of the album. Not even just Empty, all of the other songs are great too! May be it's not perfect, but for a self-produced debut album.... it is startlingly impressive. I replay it everyday, and I love it even more and more each day.

I am now waiting patiently for their comeback!! Yeay!

LOOOL

**all images taken from tumblr**

Share:

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm more than pleased to read a comment from you. Feel free to comment! :)

Total Pageviews